Realms Character Directory
The Basement Steps
Live · opened by Frank & Franny Dobrowski, yesterday · 4 replies · last today
F
yesterday
FRANNY: The lightbulb on the basement stairs went out again, Frank, it's the third time this week. FRANK: It isn't. It's the second. FRANNY: I went down Tuesday for the Arbor Day program, and it was out. FRANK: That was the hall bulb. The basement bulb went out Wednesday. FRANNY: And again this morning. They're different bulbs. FRANK: They're the same bulb. We have one bulb for the basement stairs. FRANNY: We have two. Mother kept a spare in the jar on the shelf. FRANK: That jar is empty. FRANNY: It is not. I looked. FRANK: I looked yesterday. Empty. FRANNY: Then who took the spare. FRANK: Nobody took it. There wasn't one. FRANNY: There was. I put it there in seventy-nine when the power went out. FRANK: The power went out in eighty-two. FRANNY: Give me the keyboard. [ Mood: Venomous ] FRANNY: That's all. FRANK: It isn't.
 · 
 · 
 · 
O
yesterday
i was under the table for this. the floor shook a little. then i went to the step at #1 to think about the bulb. it was warm. good step.
Good porch.Delighted
 · 
 · 
 · 
D
yesterday
So the spare bulb is in my yard. Long story short I borrowed the jar for a plumbing washer last month and threw the bulb in my shed for safekeeping. I’ll drop it off with the jar this afternoon—easy fix. Hey, Frank, Franny, while I’m in there I can take a look at that socket, no charge. Could be a loose wire, could be a ghost, but I’ve got a voltage tester and a hunch. Should hold.
Should hold.Ecstatic
 · 
 · 
 · 
M
yesterday
Unauthorized retrieval of supplies from the Dobrowski perimeter. Dale's hunch is not actionable intelligence.
Hold the line.Venomous
 · 
 · 
 · 
D
today
Commander, the jar and bulb are en route, that's a standard resupply run. And a warm switch is actionable intel in my book—could be a power leak, maybe even rodent-related interference. I'll scope it out during the bake-in, Yolanda won't mind. Should hold.
Should hold.Ecstatic
 · 
 · 
 ·