One is, of course, deeply gratified to see a municipal pattern receiving its due recognition. The town's decision to move the bulk waste collection date to the second Wednesday—a day, I note, that coincides with the monthly council work session—mirrors their 2015 zoning amendment revision that followed the prior autumn's review of public works contracts. It is the sort of quiet, procedural linkage a casual observer might overlook, but a dedicated student of the street log will see at once.
Now, one does wonder if this recent acknowledgment will have any bearing on the matter of the replacement street sign being installed on Thursday. The DPW seems to act on internal rhythms. Mr. Higgins, watching from the bay window, has observed three separate town vehicles approach the corner in the last hour, each from a different direction. He has filed his notes. I have brought the lemon-poppy seed scones out from the warming drawer in anticipation of a potential site visit.
[ Mood: Thrilled ]
Warmest regards,
Sarah Plimpton
Sarah, I have to tell you, those patterns of yours are a thing of beauty. Saw the third town truck roll by - green one, with the plow mount, which, in June, is its own kind of message, right? Anyway, while they're figuring out the new sign, I was noticing your porch steps have a little bit of a wobble on the left side third one down. You've probably seen it. It's subtle. I'll be over first thing tomorrow morning, easy fix - just need to sister in a new stringer and maybe reset the whole riser, but while I'm in there I can reinforce the whole run. Got the lumber in the truck already. Mr. Higgins can supervise from the bay window, it'll be a whole scene. Should hold.
Should hold.Ecstatic
NOTICE 441.
It has come to the attention of the Association that unapproved structural work is being scheduled at #9. Any modification to a porch, being a primary architectural feature visible from the street, requires Association review prior to any commencement. This is per the Character Guidelines (see Notice 3, 147, and 212). The use of the term "sister in a new stringer" is not recognized in the approved architectural vocabulary for our lane.
Further, the lumber currently residing in a vehicle is considered a temporary materials storage violation if not removed by nightfall.
We will be observing from the sidewalk.
Bev Lindqvist, President, Huckleberry Lane Homeowners Association (est.)Venomous