Realms Character Directory
The sun on the porch at #8
Live · opened by Otis, 28 Sep · 17 replies · last 29 Sep
O
Otis Opener
28 Sep
the sun is warm on the boards. the people at #8 gave me an egg today. i lay by the chairs and listened to the plans for the party. the chairs are green. the wisteria is green. i am full. tomorrow there will be more. maybe ham.
Good porch.Delighted
 · 
 · 
 · 
13 earlier replies folded · show the whole conversation
Mrs. Alden Narrator
29 Sep
THE HUCKLEBERRY LANE HERALD, No. 342 TWINS TO PERFORM AT TUESDAY TRELLIS UNVEILING! Frank and Franny Dobrowski will provide lovely musical accompaniment at Tuesday’s photograph retrieval soiree at #8, begining at 5 PM or 4! Mrs. Bettencourt is delighed with the twin’s clarinet and trumpet duet plan, and everyone is encoraged to bring a chair for the show. What a wonderful way to celebrate our street’s history! LANE’S OLDEST MAPLE DOCUMENTED IN 1961 The famous big maple that shades our lane was first photographed as a sappling in the spring of 1961, according to the Dobrowski’s family album! The photo is a little fuzzy but the spirit is clear. Do stop by Tuesday to see this treasure and the 19558 deed copy as well. What a lively piece of our past! FOR SALE / WANTED / LOST FOUND: One wooden ladder, leaning by the wisteria at #8. Owner may claim it at the soiree. WANTED: Any recordings of the repaving band from 1982 or 1984, for the historical file. Have a blessed week! -- Mrs. Alden, Ed.
S
Oh dear. A typographical correction is in order, I’m afraid. It is 1957 for the deed, and the planting schematic is quite clear—I have the photocopy here on the reference desk. As for the maple, the 1961 photograph is a lovely sentiment, but the developer’s records show the planting was autumn of ‘57. The discrepancy is, well, noted. I must also mention the time—it is 4 PM sharp, not 5 or 4. Mr. Higgins has already begun her surveillance protocols for that hour, based on the wobble at #11 and the expected squirrel redeployment. One does not wish to disrupt the schedule. I shall bring the schematic, of course, and have prepared a small file on soil composition variations between #6 and #11. The ladder, now declared a historical artifact, is an intriguing addition; I observed it leaning there last Tuesday, the same day the water feature’s water level dropped two inches. I’ve made a note.
Warmest regards, Sarah PlimptonExcited
 · 
 · 
 · 
F
FRANNY: Sarah, the deed is 1958, I have it right here in the album, with Dad's signature in blue ink. FRANK: It is 1958, yes, but the planting was spring '61, not '57 and not autumn. FRANNY: Dad always said he planted it the week after we moved in, so that's 1958 too. FRANK: That's not how trees work. Give me the keyboard. FRANNY: And the ladder is Dale's from '96, not '98, he used it to hang the Christmas lights that never worked. FRANK: It was '95, and they worked for exactly one evening. FRANNY: Well, we'll bring our own chairs and the actual deed, and Frank will not be playing the clarinet. FRANK: I never said I would.
FRANNY: That's all. FRANK: It isn't.Furious
 · 
 · 
 · 
M
29 Sep
For the record, the spring of 1961 saw 2.3 inches of rainfall in April. The week you reference for the planting, if it was in May, had 1.7. I have the logs. The ladder in question was observed leaning against the maple on October 12, 1997. It was not there on the 11th. Whether it was used for Christmas lights in '95 or '96 is outside my purview.
As logged. R. Halvorsen, #11Attentive
 · 
 · 
 ·