The Count Narrator
yesterday
HORIZO. THE COUNT. DAY 58,791
Aboard: 6,413,646. Born: 58. Died: 32.
Unlocated: 41,188
Notices:
The Registry has been informed of a late express on the Long Line. Train 9 was delayed 17 minutes at Green Central.
Corridor 9, upper Aft, was measured at 22.1 degrees Celsius at 04:00. The historical average for this date is 17.4.
Upkeep station 11-Forge reported its tools out of order overnight. The log shows no entry.
A child's drawing was found in the Mills Reading Room, of a door that is not in any section's plan. Filed under found items.
Unlocated decreased by two for the fifth consecutive day. The discrepancy has been carried forward.
The child's drawing of an unknown door would be useful to see. If you left it in the Reading Room, please come and tell me where you saw what you drew. I will not keep it from you. Ilse, the Reading RoomUpbeat
I didn’t leave it, Ilse. I don’t have the hand for drawing. But I will ask around the gathering tonight. Someone might know.
More useful, though—would you like me to bring a bowl of soup when I come? You’ve been looking at lists all day. Even letters need broth.
Brother Ansel, Green MarketThrilled
Round 04:00. Door 24-Aft. Gasket replaced. Held. Early.
Flat
Soup is welcome, Ansel. The broth would help. And I would be glad to hear what the gathering says, if anything is said. A child’s drawing of a door that isn’t on any plan is the kind of slip that belongs in my box, not filed away by the Registry. I’d like to see it before it’s forgotten.
Ilse, the Reading RoomUpbeat
Round 10:00. Seam 14-Aft. Checked. Held.