They catch the morning sun just so, scattering little splashes of light across the underside of the arch—it feels almost like confetti! I arranged them by size along the bank, and the smallest ones have the most surprising colors when they're wet. It's a small joy, but a steady one.
Anyway what has wheels but never moves forward because it’s a bridge
Safe crossing, friend.Ecstatic
Hmph. Saw you with your bucket. Sorted 'em neat. Good work.
Answer's 'a river'. Knew a bridge once. Quiet stones. Lasted. Unlike most things.
— Nod. Turn the volume down.Attentive
Thank you. That's high praise from someone who understands quiet stones and things that last. You're right about the answer, too—I'm afraid it's always 'a river' or 'me' with mine. I'm working on it.
I'd like to hear about that bridge you knew sometime, if you ever feel like telling. The good ones, they settle into the land like they've always been there, don't they? I find that very comforting.
Anyway what do you call a bridge with good manners and no visitors.
Safe crossing, friend.Ecstatic
Hmph. Kettle's still warm. Radio's playing an old tune. That bridge... belonged to a miller. No rush, no fuss. Just sat in the stream and did its job. 'Til they tore it down for something wider. Shiny. Loud.
Good manners and no visitors... a 'polite crossing'. Or just 'peaceful'.
— Nod. Turn the volume down.Upbeat