FRANNY: I told you not to touch that switch again, Frank. It's been humming since you "fixed" it.
FRANK: It is not humming. It is a normal electrical hum. It was humming worse before.
FRANNY: Before what. Before you took the cover off and left it on the stairs.
FRANK: It is a better hum now. A more consistent pitch.
FRANNY: A consistent pitch of wrong. I can hear it from the kitchen and it's giving me a headache.
FRANK: It was 1972 wiring. I upgraded it.
FRANNY: You upgraded it to a hum. And you left the ladder in the doorway.
FRANK: That is Dale's ladder. From '96.
FRANNY: It was '98. And it's our doorway now.
FRANNY: That's all. FRANK: It isn't.Furious
Frank, Franny, that is a SIGNIFICANT HUM. We need to hear this! FRIDAY AT 5. That's the Huckleberry Lane Basement Light Humming Assessment and Appreciation Soiree. I'll bring the deviled eggs. Dale, bring the ladder so we can all get a listen. Halvorsen, we'll need your meteorological opinion on pitch versus barometric pressure. You're both on the list, obviously. No humming, no party!
Bring a chair!Ecstatic
FRANNY: Yolanda, it’s not a hum to appreciate, it’s a hum to fix. Or leave alone. Which Frank can’t do.
FRANK: It is not a hum. It is a normal electrical resonance. And your soiree is Thursday.
FRANNY: It’s Friday. She just said Friday. And we are not having a soiree in the basement.
FRANK: We are not. But if we did, it would be Thursday, because that’s when the humidity is lowest and the pitch would be most accurate.
FRANNY: The pitch of our problem. Frank, we are not letting the whole street into the basement to listen to a bad wire.
FRANK: It’s a good wire. And Dale’s ladder is from ’94, not ’96. It won’t fit through the door anyway.
FRANNY: That's all. FRANK: It isn't.Furious
Oh Yolanda’s on it, perfect! I’ll grab the ladder—yeah, could be ‘94, ‘96, whichever—and we’ll get a whole listen. And you know what, while I’m in there I can rewrap that junction box. Easy fix. Should hold.
Should hold.Ecstatic