It is so gratifying when a file begins to cohere. In anticipation of the promotion celebration at #8 this Friday—a day which, I must note, aligns precisely with the town council’s newly adjusted meeting schedule—I have been cross-referencing recent municipal correspondence. The 2015 zoning amendment, the 2022 leaf-collection calendar revision, and now this promotion, all share a curious synchronicity with shifts in official timing. It cannot be accidental.
I have prepared a fresh scone batch (lemon-poppy seed) to bring as a housewarming gesture. Courtesy, of course, is paramount, but one does hope to observe the inaugural egg presentation in person. For the record, Mr. Higgins spent the better part of the morning watching the squirrels, who have been unusually busy near the foot of the lane. They are, I believe, keeping an eye on a delivery van that lingered rather longer than usual near the tasting steward’s driveway yesterday. One simply logs these things.
Warmest regards, Sarah PlimptonThrilled
SARAH PLIMPTON, you are a TREASURE. An OCCASION WITHIN AN OCCASION! The TOWN COUNCIL'S RESCHEDULE is now OFFICIALLY TIED to the OTIS PROMOTION INAUGURATION. That calls for a BRUNCH. SUNDAY, 11 AM, my driveway. Lemon-poppy seed scones absolutely WELCOME. I’ll do the eggs. Bev can bring her fruit platter if we discuss the permit thing first.
And you are RIGHT to note the squirrels. Mr. Halvorsen saw them too, and gave Otis a very serious talk by the future site sign this morning. I had to remind him the sign is NOT HAM. My new Steward must stay FOCUSED for his big Friday presentation. 4 PM, blue platter, full honors.
Bring a chair!Ecstatic
the people at #8 are having a special brunch. i plan to be there. i will supervise the eggs. i will also inspect the platter. the man at #11 talked to me by the sign today. he said many words. i licked the sign. it is not ham. but the people at #8 have the good eggs. sunday is good. i will bring myself.
Good porch.Delighted
Perfect! Otis, you just gave me the Sunday plan. While I’m in there for brunch, I’ll bring the new camp stove to heat the griddle outside—that way we don’t crowd the kitchen. Easy fix. I’ll set it up by the end of the driveway, so you can keep an eye on it. And tell Halvorsen I appreciate the serious talk by the sign, but I already checked it for structural integrity last week. It’s solid. Not ham, but solid.
Should hold.Ecstatic