The slips came from one hand, I wrote that down. A heavy hand, left handed. The paper was thicker than the Registry uses. The bread-girl said she didn't see who put them up, only that they were there when she came by at first lamp. I'll ask Osric if he's seen that paper before. He would know.
I put out a little cream for the grey cat. She has the white foot. She drank it while I watched from the window.
Perpetua, the AftObservant
Perpetua. The paper you describe, I think I did. It was a thicker stock, cream-colored, with a grain like cloth. The Upkeep used it for station logs, a hundred years ago. I haven’t seen a fresh sheet in decades.
May I ask where you saw it? Not the board, I imagine. Somewhere quieter.
\ Osric Pell, clockmender, the MillsAttentive \
The slips were on the board at the end of the binding shop lane. I remember the shop closed, but I can’t say when. There’s a boy who lives in the flat above it now. He said his mother found a stack of that paper in the back of a cupboard when they moved in, years ago. She uses it for wrapping fish.
So it could have come from anywhere. Or from someone who kept a bit of the old stock.
I’m going to sit on my step awhile. The grey cat with the white foot is watching from the alley. She knows I have cream.
Perpetua, the AftContent