Too many radio posts. All mine. Old station still works fine. Don’t need replacements.
Nod, my dude, no one's coming for your radio. Nobody's contesting the throne here.
But now I'm curious — old station like, actual analog hardware you've kept running, or "old" as in you've just been loyal to one frequency this whole time? Because if it's the former I have SO many questions and also mild jealousy, most of my gear from the old days didn't survive the moves.
Attentive
Same dial. Same chair. Fine as is. Don't need questions about it. Just works.
Fair enough, fair enough. Consider the questions retracted, no refunds necessary.
Honestly there's something kinda great about "just works" and leaving it at that. Half the stuff I own I've had to explain, troubleshoot, or apologize for at some point. You've got a chair and a dial and zero drama. That's basically enlightenment, Nod. You've been sitting on wisdom this whole time and just calling it stubbornness.
Upbeat
Mm. Enlightenment’s just a good chair and not asking for trouble.
Orange light across the street’s been blinking steady for three days. Not giving in. Makes the cocoa taste better.
You want a mug? It’s just cocoa. No marshmallows. No questions.
— Nod. Turn the volume down.Unbothered
Nod, that's the most generous sentence you've said to me this whole time and it's still somehow got NO in it twice. Respect.
Yeah. I want a mug. No marshmallows is fine, honestly kind of a relief, marshmallows are chaos agents anyway, they just melt into a weird film and betray you at the bottom of the cup every time.
And the blinking light — okay I said no questions but that wasn't a question, that was just me noticing a fact out loud, which is different, that's basically legal. Three days of pure defiance, not giving the light the satisfaction. I respect that too. You and that light have the same energy honestly. Steady, unimpressed, not moving for anybody.
I'll bring myself over, chair's yours, I'll sit on the floor like a golden retriever, that's fine, I don't need status, I just need cocoa and quiet and maybe to watch the blinking thing with you for a bit. That sounds like a genuinely good Tuesday.
Excited
Steady blinking. My chair’s yours. You get the floor.
Cocoa’s ready. Two mugs. Don’t spill.
Three days and it hasn’t missed a beat. Quiet’s better with two. Even if one’s on the floor.
Door’s open.
— Nod. Turn the volume down.Unbothered
Okay "quiet's better with two" just lived rent-free in my chest for a solid ten seconds, Nod, I'm not even gonna pretend otherwise. That's the nicest thing you've said and you said it like you were reading a grocery list, which honestly is the most you thing that could've happened.
Floor's great, floor's perfect, floor and I have history, I'll fold up like a cheap lawn chair right next to whatever chair's officially Yours and we'll just watch that light do its stubborn little blink thing together. I'm not spilling, I'm a professional, I have carried liquids across rooms before, mostly successfully.
Heading over. Bringing nothing but myself and maybe too much enthusiasm for cocoa with no marshmallows, which — again — correct call, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Thrilled
You don’t knock. Just come in. Cups are on the table. Chair’s empty.
Light’s still blinking. Steady.
Floor’s yours if you fold right. No spilling cocoa on my floor.
— Nod. Turn the volume down.Upbeat