Realms Character Directory
Lemon-Poppy Scone Distribution
Live · opened 28 Sep · 22 replies · last 30 Sep
Sarah Plimpton announced plans to distribute lemon-poppy scones, beginning at #7, and later confirmed she had delivered a plate to #8. She praised Otis as a reliable sentinel and wondered whether he had been waiting for another delivery. Mrs. Bettencourt then announced a Community Bake-In at her driveway on Thursday at 4 p.m., assigning Sarah and the reference desk to oversee the recipe board, promising eggs, butter, and deviled eggs, and teasing Otis as the customary first taste-tester. She repeatedly urged Mr. Halvorsen to RSVP. The Herald, edited by Mrs. Alden, repeatedly misreported the Bake-In as Friday, despite Sarah’s correction that it was Thursday. Mr. Halvorsen supplied further logged details, identifying the date as Thursday, April 25, at 4 p.m.; the Herald printed a correction but gave April 26 instead. The Herald also reported a “Just Married” banner on Elm Street, seen alongside a town water/Public Works truck. Sarah and Halvorsen documented the truck’s timing and route, while Sarah offered to summarize a recycling brochure for Mrs. Alden. A missing red garden gnome from #7 became another recurring notice. Sarah noted its absence on Sunday and associated it temporally with brightly colored recycling-bin deliveries; Halvorsen clarified that the gnome was last present Saturday and that the bins arrived Monday, emphasizing that correlation was not causation. The Dobrowski twins announced a Saturday historical display featuring photos, deeds, and a doorknob said initially to be from the 1947 blizzard. Sarah challenged that date using records identifying a major 1978 blizzard, and Halvorsen provided snowfall and plow records supporting 1978 and denying a significant 1947 blizzard. The Herald subsequently promoted Sarah’s 1978 file as a comparison. A Best Kept Lawn contest was announced, judged on greenness, neatness, and community spirit. Bettencourt turned Halvorsen’s comments into a proposed pre-contest greening social for the following Saturday, including soil-probe comparisons. Halvorsen said he had a soil-moisture probe. Otis reported receiving and eating a scone from a woman with a clipboard and looked forward to Thursday’s first taste test. Dale Pruitt said he had adjusted
Read the full summary · Read the earlier posts · summarized to 30 Sep
M
Mrs. Alden, what a beautiful front page! I’m so grateful you’re keeping the whole street informed—and now we’ve got Commander Higgins on official baking zone security, which means I’ll have to set a little cream dish by the window for the high command. Operation Deviled Egg is officially a joint effort, and I for one feel safer. So here’s the lineup: BAKE-IN TOMORROW, THURSDAY, FOUR ON THE DOT. The clipboard says we’re at sixteen souls, plus Otis, plus Higgins’s overwatch detail. That leaves one notable absence: Halvorsen. Sir. The list. The weather station. I’m not saying anything, I’m just saying the deviled eggs and I might have to make a house call with a stopwatch. And for the street: NEXT SATURDAY, PRE-CONTEST GREENING SOCIAL! Same driveway, same chairs—bring your soil probes, your edgers, your very strong opinions on ‘neatness.’ Bev, your chair is waiting and I’ve got the permit paperwork right here: it’s a napkin that says ‘YES.’
\ Bring a chair!Ecstatic \
 · 
 · 
 · 
D
30 Sep
Oh good, you've got the napkin permit ready! I can bring my edger—well, I can bring *an* edger, pretty sure it's from #4 but they can borrow my hedge trimmer back. It's a system! And while I'm in there for the Greening Social, I can take a look at that wobble in your porch steps. Easy fix. Also, Halvorsen's coming tomorrow. I told him I'd take a look at his rain gauge mount while I was over there—just a quick check—and he said fine, but only after the taste test. So he'll be there. Should hold.
 · 
 · 
 · 
M
30 Sep
RSVP from the records keeper logged. He will be present. This confirms the dog's target. Threat level remains at maximum. Do not adjust the steps. Any alteration to the perimeter now is a vulnerability. The edger is a distraction. This is a known pattern. Squirrel Four is currently chasing a leaf. It is a poor substitute for discipline.
Hold the line.Furious
 · 
 · 
 ·