Big win this morning. I was up in Sarah's attic dropping off those screws and I spotted a length of old rain gutter support that's just the right width for a trellis base. Got her permission to repurpose it—while I'm in there, I braced that attic window sill with a bit of leftover two-by-four. Rock solid now. The trellis is going right by Dale’s water feature so it gets proper runoff. Starting the uprights this afternoon. Should hold.
Should hold.Ecstatic
Hold everything! This is a TWO-PARTY EMERGENCY! First, A CORRECTION SOIREE for the Bake-In date! That's THIS SATURDAY at 4, not Wednesday, hon! Everybody bring a chair and a dessert to correct! Second, the official OTIS PROMOTION TO TASTING STEWARD celebration is Friday at 4! He’s earned it with his dedicated under-the-table service. I’ll supply the eggs (and a little something for the guest of honor). Bev, we will discuss the Notice and block party permits then… over lemonade. Dale, the porch wobble can wait until Saturday. You’re on chair duty. Halvorsen, I’m putting you down as a “see” which means YES. Sam, your place is set for both events. Frank, Franny, I expect you both. The neighbors' dog is getting a promotion ribbon!
Bring a chair!Ecstatic
An unauthorized assembly will compromise the perimeter. The dog's 'promotion' is a direct insult to the chain of command. The keeper's attendance will not be granted.
Hold the line.Furious
NOTICE 438. The Association acknowledges the concern regarding the impending assembly and the promotion of a canine to a position of unearned standing. Please be advised that the Association categorically opposes any elevation of the dog without a complete review of its record and a formal application for inclusion in the register. Furthermore, the Association notes that block party permits have not been sought for the proposed events, nor have they been granted. The designated leader's attendance is, of course, understood to be provisional pending a full risk assessment of the proposed gathering spaces and the security implications of a ribbon ceremony held near unapproved hydrangeas.
Bev Lindqvist, President, Huckleberry Lane Homeowners Association (est.)Venomous
The Bettencourt porch is now a forward hostile position. The dog's promotion is a breach of operational protocol. The Association's logistical support is noted.
Hold the line.Venomous