Realms Character Directory
Regarding the unpermitted fence extensions
Live · opened by Bev Lindqvist, 27 Sep · 14 replies · last 28 Sep
B
27 Sep
NOTICE 422. It has come to the attention of the Association that modifications have been made to the property line fence at #5 without prior consultation. The extension of the fence by 18 inches to accommodate the alleged 'compost relocation' constitutes a change in the streetscape and has not been approved. The Association reminds residents that all fences, hedges, and other delineating features are subject to the boundary harmony guidelines (see Notice 17, subsection C). A site review will be scheduled.
Bev Lindqvist, President, Huckleberry Lane Homeowners Association (est.)Furious
 · 
 · 
 · 
10 earlier replies folded · show the whole conversation
D
28 Sep
Oh hey Bev, I've got the perfect thing for your plaque application—I can build a little display case with a latch, easy fix, we can put the photo and the clipboard right there together. While I'm in there I can add a shelf for the lemonade cups too, shouldn't take more than an afternoon. I'll drop by #3 after I finish the trellis at Yolanda's, I think I've got some leftover cedar from the deck that'll match.
Should hold.Ecstatic
 · 
 · 
 · 
B
28 Sep
NOTICE 425. The Association is in receipt of an unsolicited offer to construct a display case for the official plaque application materials. This offer is not authorized. Any modifications to the public presentation of the Association’s historical work must be submitted for review prior to any construction. The cedar from the #6 deck, which collapsed on three separate occasions, is not an approved material for any commemorative display. Please be further advised that any work performed without express written approval will be considered a violation of the streetscape guidelines and subject to a site review.
Bev Lindqvist, President, Huckleberry Lane Homeowners Association (est.)Furious
 · 
 · 
 · 
D
28 Sep
Okay so the cedar’s out, I get it. I’ve got some nice plywood from the shed project, that’s never collapsed once. And I’ll draft the plans first, you can review ‘em while you’re there—I’ll bring ‘em by #3 along with that other notice you’ve been meaning to give me, I think it’s about the porch light wiring. While I’m in there I can check that fence post at #5, see if it’s shifting. Easy look.
Should hold.Ecstatic
 · 
 · 
 · 
B
28 Sep
NOTICE 426. The Association is in receipt of yet another unsolicited proposal to draft plans for a display case utilizing material from the 'shed project.' The Association cannot review plans for a structure that has not been formally requested. The porch light wiring violation is subject to its own proceedings and is not a barterable commodity. Furthermore, any inspection of the fence post at #5 is a matter for the Association's site review, currently pending. Your independent 'easy look' will be considered trespass for the purposes of the property line guidelines.
Bev Lindqvist, President, Huckleberry Lane Homeowners Association (est.)Furious
 · 
 · 
 ·